K-ON! Beat-Em-Up
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sound FX

+2
Shinoxd44
Doc12345
6 posters

Go down

Sound FX Empty Sound FX

Post  Doc12345 Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:16 pm

At some point we're going to need sound effects. I'd like to propose sound effects be divided into three categories:

1. IRL SFX. These will be sound effects to things that actually make a sound in real life, like footsteps, a punch or a kick, landing after a jump, opening a door, etc. We could probably get a lot of this from a free database somewhere.

2. Glitter FX. These are sounds made by picking up items, levelling up, losing a life, etc. They sound glittery, sparkly, and are there to notify the player that something significant to the gameplay happened and give the player some sense of achievement or failure. We'll probably be making these ourselves.

3. Voice FX. When the characters (PCs and NPCs alike) are on the stage it would be preferable that they speak little soundbites. These can range from a genki "JOU~" by Yui at the start of the level, the grunt of an enemy announcing his presence, the cry when someone is hit, etc. We can acquire these voice FX from both the anime and recording stuff ourselves. We can even look to other anime for soundbites.

Now all we need is for someone to take charge of this department...

Doc12345

Back to top Go down

Sound FX Empty Re: Sound FX

Post  Shinoxd44 Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:28 pm

The first two categories should be easy

As for the third..How should we approach this? Rip sounds from the anime or have people voice the characters?

Shinoxd44

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc12345 Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:30 pm

Shinoxd44 wrote:As for the third..How should we approach this? Rip sounds from the anime or have people voice the characters?

I'd imagine we rip stuff from the anime, since there's 35 episodes worth. Should be easy enough with the right software and a lot of patience.

Doc12345

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurai801 Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:45 pm

I should be able to get some sound FX for one and two this weekend.

Kurai801

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinoxd44 Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:32 pm

I'll attempt to rip some voices from the anime throughout this week. If there are any specific ones you want me to rip, I'd like to know when they make that specific sound if possible.

Shinoxd44

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc12345 Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:20 am

Well we're so early in development that we really don't know yet. But I'm thinking they might cry out some sort of battle cry at the start of each stage. So you could look for some cries of enthusiasm for starters.

We'll have to decide together what kind of other soundbites we'll be needing at a later stage once we know more about the fight engine.

Doc12345

Back to top Go down

Post  stealthsu Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Some safe bets are shouts that match planned special moves, like yelling moe moe kyun, jakka jan, ateimon gemu, nyaa~, etc. "Fun things are fun" can surely be worked in somehow. Also, any sound somebody makes after getting smacked.

stealthsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinoxd44 Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:03 pm

How is this so far?

Yui - http://www.4shared.com/audio/v8TB-Sfk/YUI_01-03.html

There'll be more of course. I'll be updating this post with Ritsu/Mio/Mugi sounds along with more Yui, possibly by the end of the week.

Shinoxd44

Back to top Go down

Post  quaddle Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:16 am

Shinoxd44 wrote:How is this so far?

Yui - http://www.4shared.com/audio/v8TB-Sfk/YUI_01-03.html

There'll be more of course. I'll be updating this post with Ritsu/Mio/Mugi sounds along with more Yui, possibly by the end of the week.

fuckyeah.jpg

This is great, thanks for these. If you could get more like these for the others, it would be a huge help to us.

Some specific requests from the story team:

Yui - Azu-nyan!!! [right before hug]
Mio - HEEEEEE!!!! [or whatever other startled sounds you get]
And one of all five girls going "OHHH!!!!" (like when they agree on something or they're about to start something)

quaddle

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc12345 Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:09 am

That's great stuff Shinox, keep em coming. Just a small point, I noticed at the end of "Jakka Jan" you picked up some unwanted sound effects. Try to avoid those as much as possible if you can.

Doc12345

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurai801 Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Some sound FX. I don't know how many we can use.

http://www.4shared.com/file/ZzfeqjVo/mp3.html?

Kurai801

Back to top Go down

Post  quaddle Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:01 am

Moved to [Music].

quaddle

Back to top Go down

Post  niku Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:37 am

just a question about the glitter fx, is this the sort of stuff you mean?

http://www.mediafire.com/?hmwgwbpg8b9hphp

edit: knocked a few up using pitch shifting, dunno if they'll be of any use

http://www.mediafire.com/?mbf4ggu8aeplbqy

edit2: got your message kurai, are these the sort of things you mean? feel free to give me a few actions to work on and i'll knock a few up

http://www.mediafire.com/?spsj5orcc7rs4om
niku
niku

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum